Future Hospital Review Panel
Start date: 01/08/2017
Status: Report published
What is the review about?
The Chairmen's Committee established a Review Panel to examine the Future Hospital Project. The Proposition (P.107/2017) was lodged on 31st October and asked the States to approve the preferred scheme (detailed within an Outline Business Case) and funding.
In 2016, the States Assembly approved, in principle, the site for the Future Hospital which will be on the current Hospital site with an extension along the east side of Kensignton Place. The Panel published its report on 6th December 2017.
Following the Environment Minister's refusal to grant planning permission for the preferred scheme, the Future Hospital Project presented a revised scheme on 12th March 2018. In that regard, the Panel published a follow-up report on 9th April 2018.
Terms of reference
1. To examine the Outline Business Case documentation and the 5 case model:
- The Strategic Case
- The Economic Case
- The Commercial Case
- The Financial Case
- The Management Case
2. To establish how services provided within the future hospital fit into the wider health profile
3. To determine the flexibility of the new hospital in relation to future demand
4. To consider the decision-making process in relation to the funding proposals with particular reference to the level of identified expenditure (£466 million)
5. To assess the appropriateness of the funding proposals and any associated risks
Deputy Simon Bree - Chairman
Deputy Richard Renouf - Vice-Chairman
Deputy Terry McDonald
Senator Sarah Ferguson
Deputy Kevin Lewis
Deputy John Le Fondre